The Outcast Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Character Database

Keywords

GROUP  COUNT  rainpelt  

Apprentice ceremony is held

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Apprentice ceremony is held Empty Apprentice ceremony is held

Post by Ezziestar Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:27 pm

((Just a continuation from this post: https://outcastwarriors.rpg-board.net/t1719-returning-dusk-only-shifts-away#18587
I wanted to get the meeting underway because I'm kinda excited about the re-mentoring of three apprentices. Smile

Anyways, onwards to the ceremony.))

As the sun was falling, and the sky began to grew dark, Ezziestar stood on the ledge of High Branch. Her outline slightly brighter then the rest of her form as she looked down at her clan below her. She waited for silence to be beneath her before she finally spoke.

"Our clan has gone through a tough time these past few moons. With the battle, losing our home and losing our friends and family. Tonight I wanted to address and important matter that should help speed up our clan's recovery." She paused and dipped her head, "I have decided it has been long enough that our apprentices should have their own mentor to help continue their training to becoming warriors."

She stood up straight as she continued. "Sinewpaw, please step forward."

She waited for him to follow her directions before she continued, "From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, your new mentor will be Leopardstorm, I hope Leopardstorm will pass down all she knows to you."

Ezziestar motioned towards the senior warrior, "Leopardstorm, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have proven yourself to being a wise and trustworthy warrior. You will be the mentor of Sinewpaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Sinewpaw to further his training."

She waited for the pair to touch noses and return, before she continued, "Mosspaw, please step forward."

Once again she waited for the apprentice to follow her instruction. Stonepaw gulped at this point, anxiety pricking his paws. Ezziestar continued, "From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, your new mentor will be Honeyfang, I hope Honeyfang will pass down all she knows to you."

Stonepaw felt as if a sudden weight was placed on him. He realised that there was one cat left. My mentor... is going to be Swiftwind?

Ezziestar continued, "Honeyfang, you are ready to take on an apprentice of your own. You have shown yourself to be a wonderful hunter and strong in battle. You will be mentor of Mosspaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Mosspaw."

Once again, Ezziestar waited for Mosspaw and Honeyfang to greet each other as mentor and apprentice. 

When the clan settled once more, Ezziestar then continued. "Stonepaw, please step forward."

Feeling heavy in his paws, Stonepaw stepped forwards, keeping his gaze on his leader as she continued.
"From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, your new mentor will be Swiftwind. I hope Swiftwind will pass down all he knows on to you."

Stonepaw flinched inwardly, he turned his head to look at his new mentor as Ezziestar continued with the ceremony.
"Swiftwind, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have shown yourself to being loyal and strong. You will be the mentor of Stonepaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Stonepaw."

Stonepaw felt sick inside. Memories flooding him of the hunting patrol, and how Stonepaw had unintentionally challenged the deputy. He's going to kill me! I know he will when he gets the chance.

Ezziestar waited for Stonepaw and Swiftwind to follow the same as the others before them had before she continued, "There is more news I'd like to share with you all. This time, we will go to the gathering. I'll be organising the cats who will go."

She got to her paws and turned slightly as she concluded, "That is all for tonight." She began silently praying to Starclan that she made the right decisions that night.

((I hope you don't mind me doing a bulk thing like that. There's no resources I could find talking about the re-mentoring of apprentices. So I had to modify the traditional apprentice ceremony script. XD

Also feel free to add responses below as to how the apprentices/mentors/other warriors would respond during the post. I wanted to get all three done so that the thought was off my mind. Smile

Thanks for understanding.))
Ezziestar
Ezziestar

http://warriorsofthesun.createforum.eu/

Back to top Go down

Apprentice ceremony is held Empty Re: Apprentice ceremony is held

Post by Loki Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:05 pm

(OOC: It hadn't even told me you had updated!)

Swiftwind watched the Leader, maker her way away before he turned his Spring-leaf eyes upon Stonepaw and spoke softly, "I'm excited that I can just direct my time on only you, Stonepaw, it was difficult to give you all the attention you need when I was handling the other apprentices."
The tom looked out over the branches above for a moment before saying steadily, "I want you awake before the sun greets the sky tomorrow, I'm going to show you some old Tawney clan tactics..."

Honeyfang had sat with her new apprentice in joy, she had mentored twice now and was a well seasoned member of Tawneyclan. The she-cat sat upon one of the unclaimed branches and allowed Mosspaw to listen with growing excitement as the She-cat shared her favourite adventures and struggles, this went on for a sunshift after the cats all congratulated the various new mentors and apprentices.

Sinewpaw found Leopardstorm to be quite curt in her initial mentor on apprentice meeting and felt a little nervous to begin training. She has asked him to go find a frog of a specific colour in the morning with a very stern tone and a face, hard with the intent of not allowing anything else. Sinewpaw wracked his brain about where in this charred forest, he would find a frog.

A whipping tail pushed past the cats as the tired looking Solarstorm hissed and spat in anger and frustration before disapearing across the clearing and into the night.
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://outcastwarriors.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezziestar Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:43 am

((Wow, really? XD Well that explains some things. haha. And oooh boy is Solarstorm maaaaad. D:))

Ezziestar paused for a moment, watching as Solarstorm left the clan meeting. Her eyes followed him until he disappeared from her eyesight. Sighing inwardly, she began to move off and away from the clan towards her den. Thoughts flooding her mind, however she tried to push them away to deal with the most immediate thought which was who to bring to the gathering.

Stonepaw had been looking to where Ezziestar had previously been before Swiftwind spoke, causing him to flinch, however he recovered quickly and forced himself to relax. Despite his prior thoughts on his new mentor, Stonepaw couldn't deny he felt some sort of excitement towards being trained. Inwardly, he just wished it was another cat.

He blinked, rather confused, Old Tawnyclan tactics? What would they be?
He decided it was best not to ask now but when it was time for the actual training.

((Stonepaw didn't ignore poor Solarstorm either... I honestly feel bad since there was no prior conversation between him and Ezziestar.))
Ezziestar
Ezziestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:58 pm

As the day drew towards its end and night's wonders trailed into the sky, the cats found their time was best spent occupying the time of one another or resting in their nests. 

Honeyfang and Leopardstorm had left for their shared warrior den, leaving both Sinewpaw and Mosspaw to wonder down the branches to meet up with Stonepaw whose own new mentor had left him alone. 

"Well, in the end only Mosspaw got it easy, though Leopardstorm is one of our best hunters..." the young Sinewpaw said easily then roughly cuffed Stonepaw over the head in jest, "you look like you've been stung by an angry wasp."

Mosspaw frowned in annoyance at the black tom but offered a sympathetic look to Stonepaw. 
"We won't all be training together anymore, but maybe sometimes we will." 

(OOC: I don't think Solarstorm would have taken it easy from anyone.)
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezziestar Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:25 pm

((Too true that. Especially if he's not keen on accepting the fact his age was catching up with him... Still can't help but feel sorry for him. XD))

Stonepaw felt the playful buff on the back of his head, as he was a little slow to recognise the others' presence. At Sinewpaw's following comment Stonepaw smiled as he accepted Sinewpaw's form of 'sympathy'.

He then turned his attention to Mosspaw, "Yeah. But at least we can train now. Before we know it we'll be warriors." he felt as if he was trying to convince himself more then the others.

Sighing he meowed half to himself, "I just hope the training isn't like what had happened when we were on patrol..." He shook his head as if to clear his thoughts but smiled at the others, "Let's just try our best."

He felt happier knowing that the others supported him. In their own ways, however the re-mentoring, despite feeling like he was prepared for it, deep down he wasn't ready for it. He decided to see if he could speak to Ezziestar next time she was free.
That's if she's ever going to be free.

((Razz Yep. That about does it with Stonepaw. haha. He's not jealous. He's just aware of how much more busy Ezziestar is now.))
Ezziestar
Ezziestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:37 pm

Tiredly Sinewpaw stretches and wonders away from them with a shout over his shoulder, "well with this, I'm going to bed!" 

(I created a post for the next day) Smile))))
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezziestar Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:39 am

Stonepaw yawned, suddenly aware of his tiredness. "Probably a good idea to prepare for tomorrow then."

He headed off towards where the apprentices slept, hoping for a good night's sleep.

((Very Happy Ok, I'll go check it out.))
Ezziestar
Ezziestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top