The Outcast Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Character Database

Keywords

GROUP  rainpelt  COUNT  

Friendly Tips!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Friendly Tips! Empty Friendly Tips!

Post by Loki Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:04 am

Name
--------------------
When you are like me and forget peoples name easily you find it hard when Peoples user is Catfriendly9998882 and their cat is called Ferncloud. Your User name Is changeable. Go onto profile and you will see "username" change it and press save at the bottom of the page.

Punctuation
--------------------
Punctuation is important. I've played many games that have bad punctuation. Punctuation such as . , / ? ! " * : ; ' - ( ) { } [ ] \\ - are more than welcome! But remember, especially in the RPG and not in PMs, slang, and things like @ & are not wanted.

Spelling
--------------------
I know that spelling is sometimes a problem. I'v seen many RPGs that have a theme of spelling bad.
• Always re-read what you have written!
• If you don't know how something is spelt, get a dictionary! OR YOU CAN SIMPLE WRITE IT WITH A * NEXT TO IT AND WE'D KNOW!!!
• Help each other! If there is a spelling mistake, message them to say!
•You can turn on spell checker which does it for you...

DESCRIPTIVE WRITING:
--------------------
• It is better to say...
•Sorrowful than sad
•Giant oak than big tree
•Silverpelt was bright than there were lots of stars
•The dream had been disturbing than it was a scary dream
•... is happy than (:

Slang and Lazy writing
--------------------

Lazy writing and slang can be hard to read I am sure you would agree:

Lazy- Breezpw wnt thru de forest & fnd a mowse sitting ona brnch . he lept
+ caught it wid a sngle blow.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
good- Breezepaws heart pounded as he prowled between the mirky forest. He froze and pricked his ears as a mouse scurried out of its hiding nest and hungrily began to devour the seeds on the forest floor.

Breezepaw stalked low to the ground towards it until he was a fox length away. He raised his hackles and leapt. His claws unsheafed, he landed on the large Mouse and dispatched it with a single blow.

It is quit simple which one I find more attractive and I hope you have learnt something... have fun RPging people :3
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://outcastwarriors.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum