The Outcast Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Character Database

Keywords

COUNT  rainpelt  GROUP  

WildWhispers

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WildWhispers Empty WildWhispers

Post by Rainpelt Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:33 am

(A bit of the herd's background:)
Wildspirit had just recently become the new leader of this herd, after he chased a sorely-defeated old-timer from his position. During the short weeks, he had successfully lured several new mares to his growing herd.
His lead mare, Enchantment, was well-known and respected, and was recovering from her foaling Adios.
Afterdusk was one of the mares he “caught”, and she was already proving herself trustworthy, so he appointed her as a Watcher.
Adios was his first colt by him, and was already showing promise of valor and popularity. Just like I was when I was his age, he thought proudly.

Then, a couple miles away, an faint, eerie howl was heard, joined by several more. The sun's rays showed off Wildspirit's lithe muscles as his head jerked up and sniffed the wind, nostrils wide. Then, sensing no danger, he relaxed and lowered his head, but still ever so watchful.
Enchantment trotted by, her graceful neck bobbing up and down. By her side was little Adios, who loved to scamper off then come back again. Adios' jet-black coat was startling different beside his sire's silver-gray.

Last edited by Rainpelt on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Rainpelt
Rainpelt

Location : HERE! Where else? Well, I'm not really here, just vanished...

http://wildwhispers-v2.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

WildWhispers Empty Re: WildWhispers

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:19 am

Meow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainpelt Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:40 am

OOC: Thanks Smile Oh, and doesn't anyone have a horse? I don't want to RP this all by myself!

IC:

Wildspirit tossed his head, then nickered softly to Afterdusk. She immediately knew what he wanted, and her call rang clear and loud. Every horse in the herd bunched up and moved quickly north. Wildspirit stayed at the back of the herd to make sure none was left behind.

Enchantment had a little difficulty guiding Adios forward, as he was curious and wanted to sniff at everything on the way. They lagged farther and farther away, until Wildspirit got impatient. He bared his teeth at his son, and immediately Adios shrinked and picked up the pace.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A few miles later, Wildspirit signaled Afterdusk. They stopped by a stream, and all drank eagerly. In the midst of the confusion, a young stallion had bunched up with the herd; when checking, Wildspirit smelled his scent, and his nostrils flared in fury. The young stallion only nonchalantly moved further away.

Now Wildspirit was angered. Very. He snorted in annoyance, and pawed the ground, warning the intruder. Finally he called out his challenge.

The younger met his challenge by a shake of his chestnut head. Wildspirit felt his heart race, as well as every other horse.

A FIGHT!

Wildspirit took a few steps back, lowered his head, and charged directly at the intruder's chest. But the young stallion was ready, and bared his teeth. But he was still young, and didn't know all the fighting techniques that older stallions get.

Wildspirit knew this, and with only a few charges, he was able to shake the proud intruder's confidence. Come on, intruder! Fight! Fight like a stallion!Come on!

But that was that. The young stallion was thoroughly shaken. After giving a loud snort, he turned tail and fled.
Rainpelt
Rainpelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:45 am

HE chickened out? XDDDD

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainpelt Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:54 am

OOC: More likely he "horsed" out! lol! Anyways, I didn't have a lot of time to write it more in detail. I can probably edit more in later...
Rainpelt
Rainpelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:55 am

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainpelt Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:57 am

OOC: By the way, would you happen to be interested in helping me RP here?
Rainpelt
Rainpelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:58 am

Only have a cat. Unless you have an open stallion?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainpelt Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:02 am

OOC: Hmm, I can make one and let you RP it...just PM me the name, age, and color of the coat....
Rainpelt
Rainpelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:00 pm

The blood bay mare trotted an entrancing dance around the meadows, her nostrils aflare with the exhilaration of freedom. She kicked and bucked from the lack of weight that such life brought her. She galloped and nickered. Whinnied and snorted. Until a hawk's cry broke her moment's illusion and she froze in the middle of the meadow. Her arched neck sitting high and regal as she looked off aimlessly into the distance.

Her fun muted, she found inside herself a surprising feeling of emptiness where once her humans stood. Now that they're gone... she realized... She didn't know what to do with herself. She had lived to show and make her owners proud. She loved to be recognized for her beauty and skill. And the humans made sure that she did it to her full potential. But now... there was nothing. She had lost it all when her owner's were foreclosed on. Loneliness engulfed her mood and she dropped to her knees with the weight of her grief and the realization of her situation. She couldn't survive out there. Not for long. And not alone. She lay there, her head cushioned deep into the tall grasses as she whinnied pathetically to herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainpelt Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:21 pm

Wildspirit tossed his head proudly at his victory as Afterdusk trotted gracefully up to him. She glanced at his battle wounds and started licking them. Wildspirit nickered and nibbled her mane in a grateful fashion.

Enchantment only went back to her grass, eating nonchalantly as if nothing had happened.

Curiosity propelled little Adios forward to the tall, waving grasses. He bucked and kicked his heels in pure joy. When he felt himself breathing heavily, he forced himself to calm down. He sniffed for some tender grass, but picked up an entirely different scent.

OOC: I'm going to make Adios find CC, okay?
Rainpelt
Rainpelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:51 am

OOC: Aiight(:

She knew not how long she laid there but with a weighted sigh she internalized her grief once more and rolled up onto her knees with a grunt and stood up fully. She looked towards the sun that was now setting, the fields beneath seeming to roll forever. How far would she travel before she found home again? Would there ever be such a place again? Maybe. But right now Callista found it in her best interest to feed her aching stomach, which she had been neglecting to fill properly sicne she was not used to eating so much fresh grass. If she was not careful, she would give herself yet another clenching stomachache. Her curved neck dropped in an arch to let her mouth nose and graze among the best of the grass. Her ears swiveling constantly as the wind played tricks upon her of nickering horses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainpelt Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:04 am

OOC: Sorry to keep you waiting!

IC:
What in the world is that smell? Adios thought as he ambled to where his ears and nose cautioned him. To his surprise, he saw a mare! And defiantly not one from our herd!
Rainpelt
Rainpelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:44 am

She froze as she heard the crushing of straw grass beneath small hooves, her head shot up to spy the young colt across the meadow. The Arab warily stepped forward, her chocolate eye always on him. Cautiously, she nickered to the young horse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainpelt Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:25 am

The young colt backed in caution. "Who are you?" Adios nickered softly, then looked back behind him toward the herd.
Rainpelt
Rainpelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:18 am

She snorted proudly and dug at the ground with her front hoof. Her nostrils aflare as she threw her head upward. She stood tall, ears at attention with a venerable air. Her mane was dramatically blowing in the wind! (OOC: XD EEEEEK SO CLICHE!) In a melodious voice she said, "You dear colt, may call me Callista. Where, dare I ask, have you ventured from?" Her blood bay coat stood out profoundly against the Spring's harvest of tall grass and blue sky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainpelt Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:50 pm

Adios hesitated. "Well, I am from the herd WIldWhispers. And I am the first son of the great leader!" He added proudly, his chest puffed out.
Rainpelt
Rainpelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:09 am

She threw her head and trotted in place anxiously as her tail swatted to and fro. Snorting she reined in her surprise and shook out her main, as if making the negativity fly from her coat. Now wary she scanned the horizon behind Adios, checking for any further movement that would tell her the rest of the herd was coming, but the slant of the hill and the sway of the grass made it difficult if not impossible for her to see over the ridge into the valley below. Nervously she stamped her foot and looked at the colt to ask curiously, "So you are saying that you are from a wild herd?!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainpelt Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:11 am

Adios cocked his head. "What do you mean by 'wild'?" He snorted as only a colt can.
Rainpelt
Rainpelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:46 am

"Dear colt I mean to say that do you not have humans of your very own? Who feed you delicious oats and keep you warm in the barn when winter comes?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainpelt Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:49 am

"What do you mean, 'humans'? What are those? And what is oats? And barn?"
Rainpelt
Rainpelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:14 am

An equine chuckle escaped her maw. She trotted up to the colt and nosed his forehead gregariously. "That answers my question. All in good time Adios.' She looked up to the ridge to where the rest of the herd must've been grazing. 'Now, where is the rest of your family?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainpelt Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:01 am

The colt tittered when the mare nosed his forehead. "M-my family is over there," he tilted his head to the ridge, then he broke into his awkward trot and made toward a seemingly dead end to the canyon.
Rainpelt
Rainpelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainpelt Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:46 am

OOC: BUMP.
Rainpelt
Rainpelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:34 am

Callista felt reckless excitement unfold like a thorned rose inside her. Lovely too look at but painful if one was careless enough to graze its thorns. For she had heard stories from the wrangling horses of the wild horses' way of life. Stories that were told to her in the light of the waning moon that slated in through a jarred window. Bleaching the golden hay beneath her lanky limbs as she snuggled up to her mother's warm side. She knew that they might reject her intrusion, chase her off, even attack her. But a part of her overshadowed her doubt as it coaxed her forward. Tailing the colt the whole way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top