The Outcast Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Character Database

Keywords

GROUP  rainpelt  COUNT  

A Note on Cityclan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Note on Cityclan Empty A Note on Cityclan

Post by Longstorm Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:16 am

Alright class; I'm the professor, I'm gonna be giving you your lecture today. Now, just to make sure, this is Cityclan 101, so please make sure you're in the right class... Yes, there's always one, isn't there?
Right, we've got a lot to cover, so let's get started.

#At first we were just rogues and loners, and that was fine,
Just, eating up prey and fighting all the time,
'Till a kit-who-was-young, came along,
And lacking that ever presence sense of right and wrong-#

YES, I'm kidding!
But, if you actually want to make up a clan song like that, the song/tune I was using can be found here: Gallifreyan History 101 - Youtube Link

...moving on.

Comparing Cityclan to the Other Clans:

In a normal clan, you have your basic hierarchy: Leader, Deputy, Warriors, and Apprentices.

In a Tribe (which we don't have) has: Stoneteller, Prey-Hunters, Cave-Guarders, and To-Bes.

In your basic loner/rouge group, the names and the positions vary. For instance, Bloodmud Clan (a pseudo clan - pseudo: not genuine; sham) has: Lord, Death-Passer, and Fighters.

Cityclan is a pseudo clan (though when you think about they ARE an official group). They have their own hierarchy: Chancellor (leader) Council (12 deputy-like cats), Gatherers (they gather food, and are tough), and Distributors (they distribute food and they have to be smart since they have to look for poison).
This is not a fighting group. This is a group of cats that just want to live in peace. How do they maintain this peace?

Cityclan's Relation to Abyssclan:

:Cityclan will be receiving an official history for those who wish to join.
For those who haven't read The History of Abyssclan: As Told By Loveless, Cityclan and Abyssclan both come from Bloodclan (Please Note that none of the other clans know this). Abyssclan is the fighting force and medicinal part of Bloodclan while Cityclan is made of mainly thinkers and workers. Cityclan cat's claws tend to be dull while Abyssclan cat's claws are sharpened and reinforced with dog teeth.
After Abyssclan left (before they became Abyssclan), Cityclan (before they became Cityclan) was scattered, lifeless even. It took them two seasons to get themselves together again. When they finally had their structure worked out and had made a name for themselves as a group, the other cats of the City began to attack them. After a time of this happening, the Cityclan Chancellor (called the Controller then) went to Abyssclan and asked for their help. After some lengthy negotiations, Abyssclan enlarged their borders and took Cityclan into their protection. Since then, it is very rare for a cat of Cityclan to be harmed by a cat from outside the Bloodclan bloodline.

On the Names:

Cityclannians (normal clan cats are referred to as 'clanners') are named when they are born (naturally). The names they get are usually one to three syllables (Yami, Tala, Relay, Flight, etc. etc.). They never receive a second name, like in Abyssclan, as this tradition surfaced when Abyssclan broke off from Cityclan to live in the forest - they wanted to fit in with the other clans.
(PLEASE NOTE: NONE OF THE CLANS KNOW THIS. TO RP AND SAY THAT ANOTHER CLAN KNOWS WILL BE GOD-MODING. Only few cats in Darkclan know. If you are in DC and have not received a message saying that your charrie may know, your charrie doesn't know. You must learn this info in-game.)... yes, I'm very paranoid.

This is to be expanded. Dewclan, Abyssclan, Loner/Rogue Groups if you want your own 'My Clan 101' to be made, message me!
Longstorm
Longstorm
LS's Group
LS's Group

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top